Four Ingredient Paleo Reese’s Cups
If I was ever stranded on a deserted island and I had the choice of one thing to take with me it would probably be something like this. I LOVE anything peanut butter and chocolate. Reese’s. is. life. Am I right?
So when Niko and I started doing this reallllly fun thing called Paleo, I had to find a way to fit in my favorite treat of all time. So, of course, I went to Pinterest. I found tons of recipes for Paleo Reese’s cups and headed straight to the store to gather the ingredients. After a couple (approximately 12) times of making these at home to test out different recipes, I’ve settled on this one as the best. It only takes four ingredients and you probably already have some of them! This recipe is so quick and easy. Even better, you don’t feel awful after having one (or 3!).
What you need:
- 1 cup smooth Almond Butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup Paleo dark chocolate chips (or just the darkest chocolate you can find)
How to make it:
- Place almond butter, oil and honey in a medium size glass bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds, then stir. Repeat once more, until the ingredients are completely combined. Divide the mixture into each opening of a mini muffin tin.
- Place the chocolate in the glass bowl and microwave for 45 seconds, then stir. Repeat until the chocolate is completely melted. Spoon melted chocolate on top of the almond butter mixture.
- Put the tin in freezer for about 2 hours.
- Take muffin tin out of freezer. Carefully scrape a knife around the edges and the peanut butter cups will pop out fairly easy. Enjoy, they won’t last long!
*Makes approximately 12 mini muffin cups.*